The Top 3 Areas Of Vocal Improvement

While I’ve been a student of the voice and singing for most of my life, as well as a professional singer, I have spent the past year immersed in figuring out how to rapidly improve someone’s singing voice, even if they weren’t necessarily born with much ‘natural’ talent.

I believe strongly that singing is something that can be learned by anyone with the right techniques and exercises.

So, I’ve identified what I think are the key elements of what it takes to really improve your voice, and I’ve created a step-by-step, 8-week method that is guaranteed to take any singer to a new level of singing ability.

I have developed 8 specific areas that I think every singer should focus on and improve in, but I want to give you what I consider to be the top 3.

1. Agility

This one sometimes takes people by surprise, because they either don’t know what exactly it is or necessarily how to apply it to singing.  Agility is the ability to move quickly and effortlessly from one note to the next, landing on the right notes without having to slide up or down to nail the note.  This is most often heard with vocal trills and runs but also has its place in developing a free and beautiful vibrato.

2. Mix Voice

Developing a strong mix voice is one of most important pursuits of any serious singer as it relates to both eliminating cracks and breaks in the voice as well as being able to sing high notes with power and without strain. The mix (or ‘mixed’ or ‘blended’) voice is the blend between your two primary registers, your chest voice and your head voice.

Instead of straining on the higher notes, a strong mix voice will help you to effortlessly nail these notes, and with greater power.

3. Resonance

This is the area that will separate you from the thin, timid sounding voice to a full, powerful sound voice.

Resonance is a quality of sound that is fuller and louder because of the reverberation inside the various resonators inside your chest, throat and sinus cavity.

Most people think that fullness and volume come from pushing harder, but the truth is that you can have a very powerful voice, with little effort when you are properly using the resonators built into your frame.

Hopefully you learned something here and have found this helpful.

I welcome your comments and questions. I always respond to them, personally.

I would love to hear in the comments below about what you most want to learn and why, and maybe what you most struggle with.

Godspeed to you!

Tags: , , ,

Leave A Reply (125 comments so far)

1. faiza
    3 years ago

I’m 16 years old and unfortunately wasn’t born with natural singing talent.its been a couple of months since I’ve become ‘obsessed’ with voices and would really love to develop my own.the trouble is that I battle with all 3 areas of singing.this is probably because I have absolutely no idea where to start.I would really love to learn how to sing like someone that was born with the natural talent…please help

Falza,

I created the program, Superior Singing Method, for people exactly like you. Seriously. My goal was to help people who weren’t born with a ton of talent to be able to sing as if they had. Singing is a learned thing, and you can learn it, too. My course is step-by-step and walks you through every area of the voice with specific lessons and exercises for each area. It is set up as an 8-week, systematic program. And I’m launching it tomorrow with a special discounted price during the launch period.

I wish you all the best and am confident that my course can help you.

2. Sarbjit
    3 years ago

Hi. I’m 13 years old and I want to become a famous singer. It is my dream. But please tell me what I nedd to do in step how will I make my dream come ture? -Thank you :)

Sarbjlt,

That’s great that you have a dream and the determination to get there!

My course, Superior Singing Method, is a step by step course that will give you the tools you need to get you started down that path.

You can find it here: http://www.howtosing.com/superior-singing-method/

Good luck!

BTW, forgive the delayed response. I was out of town for the holidays.

3. Ella
    3 years ago

I get to go to a music studio though I’m not sure if I should play the violin or sing. I’m not sure if I can sing well though I’m on Grade 2 on violin. Please help me choose

Ella,

I would probably just pick the one that i’m most comfortable doing, whichever one I had the most confidence pulling off.

4. Chloe
    3 years ago

I have a problem where I can’t stop my jaw and throat from getting tense when singing, I sound good in person but not at all in recordings and how do I avoid sounding three years old when singing into a microphone.

Chloe,

That’s a common problem, the tension thing, that is. This is typically a sign that you need to develop a stronger mix voice, which is a mix between your head and chest voice. You are likely trying to sing higher notes in your chest voice when you should be in your mix or head voice.

I’ve got lots of exercises and lessons on this in my course. But a good start would be to do lip rolls on a sliding scales from the bottom to the top of your range for several minutes a day.

Also, tension, especially in the studio, is likely a result of nerves. Take a few deep breaths and massage the muscles in your jaw and face. I like to do a rag doll where I just let my torso and arms hang down, letting the blood rush to my head a bit. This may help to relax you.

Good luck!

5. Scott
    3 years ago

I’m 36 and can sing fairly decently. I basically taught myself how to sing when I was a teenager. I had a pretty wide vocal range. I could hit some of the higher octaves. I caught strep throat when I was 31 and after recovering, realized that the entire upper tier of my voice was gone. I can no longer hit the “high” notes. Would your program help me with the recovery of the lost ability?

Scott,

That’s a unique situation, so I can’t say for sure. But I can say this: You probably lost a lot of the muscle coordination in your vocal cords, and my course can help you get that back. One of the main components of the course is to help you to expand your range naturally, helping you to sing higher notes with less strain.

Hope that helps. Best of luck you you, man!

6. andrew
    3 years ago

hi im 15 and would love to sing but im horrible and help with how to breathe can you help with that

Andrew,

Hey man. thanks for hitting me up.

I can definitely help you with that. In fact, large portions of my full course, Superior Singing Method, are devoted to just that.

Learning proper breathing for singing begins with good posture and full breaths. This will help your diaphragm descend and give more room for your lungs to expand. My course is full of video lesson that give you all the exercises and techniques you need to breathe and sing much better. And I guarantee it within 60 days or your money back.

You can find the course here: http://www.howtosing.com/superior-singing-method/

Best of luck to you, Andrew!

7. Eileen
    3 years ago

I just purchased your lessons and I am not sure how to access my lessons.
    Can you tell me how to get started?
    Thanks
    Eileen

Elleen,

I’ll send you comment to my tech guy now, and he’ll give you a hand.

Welcome!!

8. Stephanie
    3 years ago

How can I learn to sing like my hero Wednesday 13?

Stephanie,

The best way I know to have the best voice that you are capable of is going through my systematic vocal course.

You can find it here: http://www.howtosing.com/superior-singing-method/

I would keep in mind, though, that you have your own unique voice, and that is a good thing. Aspiring to sing ‘like’ your favorite artist is a great thing, but not mimicking them.

Good luck you, Stephanie!

9. jordan blundell
    3 years ago

i was not born with the natural talent i have been trying for years to learn to sing but im just not getting anywhere

10. jayda
    3 years ago

i like these ideas but im not sure it will wor for me

Jayda,

Why don’t you think they will work for you? I’d say give them a try for a couple of weeks and see the difference. I think you’ll be surprised.

Best of luck to you!

11. Hayley

Aaron,
    I found you on YouTube and really liked the three videos I saw. I’m interested in your program, and would like to learn more about the pricing (scraping by college student, yeah). Everybody that has heard me sing tells me that I have a pretty voice, but I could have a really good voice if I would learn technique. So I’m just weighing options on who can help with that, because I’ve always wanted to learn!
    Hayley

Hayley,

I’m glad you found some of the YouTube videos helpful, and I think you’re right to assume that learning proper technique will help you go much further, much faster.

As far as pricing goes, take a look here: http://www.howtosing.com/superior-singing-method/

That should explain everything. And I totally get the being on a budget thing. The program is a 60-day system, and I have a 60-day money back guarantee. So, if the program really helps you out, then it will be more than worth the cost (especially since I charge double the cost of the full program for one private lesson, and the program contains around fifty). If you don’t improve as much as you hoped, I’ll give you all your money back, even up to the very last day of the program.

I wish you all the best, Hayley!

12. Tereska

Hi :)
    I’m 20 and I love to sing :) but I really don’t know how to release my voice from my body in the best way. People say that my voice is very good… for me there are still many problems. And I want to ask You about the worst one, the one that – I think – is some kind of barrier that can’t let me get on higher level. So… when I want to “get” high note on my chest I’m aware that it should be mixed voice. Could You explain me, how to find this mixed voice? I’ve got several informations like “try to say this tone on some word” etc., but actually – it doesn’t work. I always sound like I have neverending running nose or classical.., nothing between and it’s so depressing when I feel and hear the difference between the colors of my lower and higher “voices”. I try to make exercises carefully and as many times in the week as I can. But there is also one problem… to be honest… I’ve been playing the violin for 14 years, and I’m in the group of people who have obsession about classical music – only, forever and ever… and I should hide myself with practising my voice. Do You have more “silent-exercises”? I would be very grateful for your help!
    Thank You!
    P.S. I’m sorry for mistakes, English is not my native language.
    Tereska

Tereska,

It sounds like you know a thing or two about the voice already, which is great! You are right in saying that you need to develop a mix, or mixed voice. But how exactly do you do that? And how do you do it quietly. :)

There is so much to say about that that I can’t do it justice in a comment, but here is one of the primary components of developing a mix. What you want to do is extend the lower part of your head voice so that it can more easily connect and ‘mix’ with the chest voice. And one of many ways to do this is with tongue trills. These are good because you can do them quietly, with your lips barely parted open. Start in the higher part of your range, in your head voice, and slowly descend down. And here is the key: instead of just flipping into chest voice right when you might normally, try to remain in head voice as long as possible, as low as possible, until it is almost airy sounding.

This is one of many things, of course.

My full course is geared toward singing higher notes and developing a mixed voice and is full of a bunch of videos to help you get it. If you’re interested, you can find it here: http://www.howtosing.com/superior-singing-method/

Best of luck to you Tereska, with your violin and your voice.

13. glynn

Aaron,

It kinda is a God thing with me. The rock and roll played on the radio has changed my 50+ year old life. For whatever reason, I now feel like I have to learn how. The whole idea almost makes me sick and I have fought with it for a long time. My motto has always been – I can’t carry a tune in a bucket to save my life, but the idea haunts me and it just won’t go away. So, I’ve decided to try and learn how as the only remaining option I have to seek peace in this matter. I’m horrified at the prospect.

Bless you for your work to teach folks like me who feel they just gotta get up there and sing. I’m one of those guys who has to know the rules of the road first rather than just winging it and hope for the best. Thanx so much again. At least I don’t feel alone and without help anymore. Your shared experience and guidance could very well change my life.

Sincerely,

Glynn

Glynn,

Very cool, man. I commend you on your courage.

I’ve got a lot of free articles and blogs on my website, if you would like to learn more and a free video there, too.

Blessings, my friend.

14. christy
    3 years ago

i can sing most of the national anthem very strongly but when i get to ” and the rocket’s red glare” i have to switch to that higher voice instead of the strong tone. is this a good thing and if it isn’t what could i do?

Christy,

That’s actually fine. Another trick you can try, for that section specifically, is to narrow the vowel sound instead of having it so spread out. Here is what I mean. Try singing “and the rocket’s RID GLEER”. I know that sounds weird, but it will help you nail the notes and will come across as, “red glare” when sung.

Best of luck to you!

15. Justin
    3 years ago

Ahh Aaron, I can sing, I hav a powerful voice but the thing is am having problems with hitting the right notes at times… Hav any pointer as to help me out in that area. Plz and thanks.

Justin,

That’s good that you recognize a limitation that you have, even though you can sing well. Pitch problems stem from a handful of different thing. One of the mail ones comes from undeveloped voice box muscles, which is improved though a series of the right vocal exercises, done over time.

I have a whole section on pitch in my full course, with lots of great voice workouts. If you’re interested, you can check it out here: http://www.howtosing.com/superior-singing-method/

Best of luck to you, Justin!!

16. fred

fred doesnt like u

3 years ago

That’s weird, because I think Fred is awesome.

17. FUCOWFUCHICKEN

Hi,

What i most want to learn: How to avoid u.
    Why: Because its annoying to watch a video to learn shit and u get to ur site where u want to make money..
    What i most struggle with: Scammers like u.

Good luck with ur career.

Ciao http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fOaCTddlng

3 years ago

Interesting take. Is any professional, according to this logic, a ‘scammer’ if they spend a lifetime crafting a skill and agree to teach for a fee? If so, then your high school teacher, college teacher (if you decide to pursue an education) and any other of the like is a scammer. Interesting indeed. Was it because I took the time and effort to give away a lot of free stuff that you are so angry. Hmm.

18. Evan
    3 years ago

Hey Aaron! I am having a problem I want to be able to sing high notes and I know thy singing mixed will help BUT I don’t know If am singing in mixed(when I try) is there anyway for me to know what it feels like or anything like that? Thanks
    Evan

Evan,

Thank you for the question. There are a lot of steps to get to the answer of your question, more than I could lay out in a comment, unfortunately. I have an entire section in my course on that very thing with several videos and a bunch of exercises that show you what exactly the mix (mixed voice) is and how to get there.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help here. Here is where you can find the course, if you decide to go that route: http://www.howtosing.com/superior-singing-method/

Best of luck to you!

19. Joe Castro

Hey Aaron I want to try out your program but I want to know
    How long it’s going to be that price..(get paid in two weeks)..
    And I don’t have the money until then. Will it still be that price.
    I want to try it out please let me know thanks man.

Joe,

The price will definitely not go up in the next couple of weeks.

I look forward to having you as a student!

20. yessenia
    3 years ago

im 16 year old i wasent given the talent to sing but abaut 7 months or more my friend invited it me to sing at the church i said yes but i dirrent had a clued how to sing, what to do, and what was my real voice i have a problem with fricative voice and i cant pronounce my s’s, c’s and my z’s. my voice kind of sounds like a little girl somethimes. some times at church we are sing and every one has a solo epsep me because of that problem n my voice is to low please…… help i need to take them out n take the little girl voice out.. God bless you

21. Rose
    3 years ago

Hi Im only 13 but I think I ahve a good voice and really wanna get out there. I love singing and practice like everyday. Youre website has been a good help I haveto admit and I’ve watched a couple of your videos on u tube. I want to be a singer and hope to and I have never had singing lessons b4 and I think I sound good already its just Im really good at high but canmnot get to low. Do u think if I keep practicing I’ll be able to sing low one day?

Rose,

I’m glad you are finding the videos helpful!

Yes, I do think that you will be able to sing low one day. My 8-week, step-by-step video course specifically targets expanding your range, if you want to check it out, you can find it here: http://www.howtosing.com/sing-better-fast-ssm/

Best of luck to you, Rose!

22. Rose
    3 years ago

Hi Im only in high scool and Ive never had singing lessons and I think my voice is good already I can sing high really good but I Suck at low. Do u think theres a possibility if I keep practicing that I’ll be able to hit low ?

3 years ago

Yep! Please see reply on your other comment.

23. jody
    3 years ago

hope this works ive read so many things about singing and am kinda confuse trying to put everything togeather,so i crossed my fingers thanks!!!!

Jody,

Great! And best of luck to you. If you want a step by step, video lesson course (8-week), I’ve developed one. You can find all you need about singing and learn (and do) the right things at the right time with this course. http://www.howtosing.com/sing-better-fast-ssm/

Best of luck to you!

24. Arpan vadhera

hey
    im born and brought up in a family of artists so have been around an enviornment for art and music i play drums when i was young i used to take classical indian music classes from my teacher who was blind but had improved my singing pretty well but my voice has been inactive for many years now as i am 18 . and when i try to sing western music i feel my voice has gone a little rusty on singing higher notes. My throat usually prefers to sing abaritone voice but sometimes i feel i need variations to help me to ?how should i do it?
    thanks .

Arpan,

Thank you for the questions and a little bit of your background. That’s a very good question. The answer would take more than a comment could hold. I developed a course that focuses on this very thing, if you want to check that out. The answer is to develop a mix–a blend between your head and chest voice. But getting there takes some instruction and some time with the right vocal regimen. Here is the step by step, intensive, 8-week course I developed. http://www.howtosing.com/sing-better-fast-ssm/

Best of luck to you, Arpan.

25. Jared
    3 years ago

Hi arron, im 21 yrs old and i taught myself to sing at an early age say 8yrs old which has been a blessing and an amazing gift to inherit the only in my family.
    But ive got an amazing voice amazing tone and am naturally aware of my areas of my vocal cons…one of my biggest issues is smoking i started on and off fron age 16 to 18 before i started and never quit. Now im 21 and have just stopped, and fortunatly ive still got my voice, granted my chords are a little rusty when it comes to high notes and the technique of sustaining a correct amount of air for a long note: problem 1&2.
    This is off subject but is a factor in my vocals being off in ways, growing up as a teen hitting pubirty however thats spelled never being able to properly continue to train my voice during; then that factor of smoking all being problem # 3. Where should i focus first? Ive quit smoking bout a week ago.
    And also important question ive got good speech and all but i herd if your speech became a little rusty then it tampers with your singing due to your tongue and mouth muscles being weak do to speak from improper grammer after so long is that true?

Jared,

That’s great that you’ve quit smoking. Smoke damages your voice (and lungs, obviously) in so many ways.

I would focus first on basic warm up exercises and then move toward more challenging strengthening one.

The improper grammar thing is not true.

I can help you, if you want. I’ve got an 8-week, intensive program that’s step by step. Here’s the link if you want to find out more:

Best of luck to you!

26. Umaid
    2 years ago

Hii,i am 15 years old and i have a very good singing ability when i was 14 but within 6 months my voice destroyed as change in voice occurs.Can you please help me how could i regain my voice as singer

2 years ago

I can help you. I have a course that gives you a program and a plan and puts it all together for you. It’s an 8-week, systematic course that will help you get your voice back and even better than it was before. The link below will give you more info about it, if you’re interested.

Best of luck to you!

27. fola
    2 years ago

Thanks for the article and the good information that was provided. I would love to read more of this kind of stuff to help me master the skill of singing. Understanding the theory well makes the practical side easier to follow I hope.
    Fola

28. Kayla
    2 years ago

Hi! I’m 16 years old, and I’ve been singing in choirs for almost my whole life (and I feel like I’m somewhat good at it!). BUT. I’ve always had problems singing outside of the choir. I have a very “airy” voice, and NOTHING I have ever tried has worked for me. Do you have any pointers?

Kayla,

I have a lot of ideas and pointers for that in particular, but my course, Superior Singing Method, would give you a much more in depth approach to your entire singing ability, which will naturally address and correct your airy voice issue. You can find the course here, if you’d like to find out more: http://www.howtosing.com/sing-better-fast-ssm/

I wish you all the best, Kayla, and I’m certain that I could get you where you want to be vocally.

Keep singing!

29. David
    2 years ago

All my close friends know I can’t sing. If I open my mouth in church people turn and give me that look. I have always wanted to be able to sing but age 10 my choir mistress on my first audition in a new school virtually excommunicated me. I know I can sing a note but I couldn’t tell you which it is. My voice has more breaks than a karate demonstration. I could go on. I am now 50. Is there any realistic prospect of being able to sing or should I just stick to what I am good at? I would really appreciate an honest answer rather than unadulterated optimism or a recommendation to ‘try it and see’.
    With thanks

David,

First of all…hilarious! I know one thing you’re good at. :)

I believe that anyone can LEARN to sing. It is a learned discipline. If you’re willing to put forth the time and effort, you can sing.

You have a couple options, as far as my content goes. I’ve got a bunch of videos on my YouTube channel (howtosingdotcom), and I also developed a course that targets that very thing, beginners who can’t sing well and haven’t been born with a ton of talent. My goal is getting them to sing proficiently within 8-weeks. It’s a step by step, systematic program, where you learn and practice all the right things at the right time. You can find out more about that here: http://www.howtosing.com/sing-better-fast-ssm/

I wish you all the best!

30. Beth
    2 years ago

Heyy umm I always wanted to be a singer like Justin bieber, i would be forever greatful if you can help me live my dream. I’m only 12 years of age and I want to live my life because you only have one. I really would like you to teach me how to sing and how not to make my voise break while I am singing High notes. Please can you help me!? I really want this, only you can help me. Please repley to this as soon as possible. Thanks and forever grateful if you can help.

Beth Slaughter xx

Beth,

You have a couple options. I’ve got a bunch of videos up here on my YouTube channel (howtosingdotcom) that can help you, but if you really want to improve quickly, in a step by step kind of way, I’ve got an 8-week, intensive program that you can find out more about if you click the link below this video. That’s the best way I know how to help. I spent a few years developing and refining this course and this method to help people just like you. :)

31. kharl
    2 years ago

hi im 16 yrs old ! id like to ask hot to have better voice? Coz my voice is HUSKY !

32. Clayton
    2 years ago

I’m 14 years old and wasn’t born with any amazing talent, however I could sing fairly well until I turned 8 (which is when I became subjected to my dad’s awful voice). Up until then I’d only ever heard my mum sing, who was in a choral society most of her life. Music plays a HUGE role in my life and I would very much like to pursue it, but being unable to sing can make that quite difficult. I write original music and am learning the piano, but the inability to sing makes it hard for me to do both of those. I started singing lots again a year ago and have found that I was now worse than my dad… but I’ve recently started experimenting with my voice and found that it has a lot of hidden power. If I follow this program and keep doing exercises, will I end up with a decent voice?

33. I’m 16 years old and unfortunately wasn’t born with natural singing talent.On November i’m going to participate in a national competition “Star 2012″, and i would really like to make a good performance. So, i would like to improve my voice by learning sifferent lessons.
    Please make me good for November.
    I need to increase my singing talent.
    I really need your help.

34. Albert
    2 years ago

Hi,im Albert and im 20 years old,my friends think i have a good voice for singing.I dont think im good but i really wanna learn how to sing and properly.my dream is to be the lead singer of a band:)i wanna be as good as singers like Tyler Carter from the band Woe Is Me or Shayley from Of Mice & Men:)my main goal is learning how to do clean vocals and my other goal is scream vocals:)but i dont know where to begin and im already working on the screamo vocals but i want to learn how to sing:)

2 years ago

You have a couple options. I’ve got a bunch of videos up on my YouTube channel (howtosingdotcom) that can help you, but if you really want to improve quickly, in a step by step kind of way, I’ve got an 8-week, intensive program that you can find out more about here: http://www.howtosing.com/sing-better-fast-ssm/. That’s the best way I know how to help. I spent a few years developing and refining this course and this method to help people just like you. :)

35. megan
    2 years ago

Hi! I’m fourteen years old and i have a pretty good voice and i read this article,but you din’t really explain how to do it so I’m kind of confussed on how to do each of this. But i do believe these are wonderful tips; it’s just i didn’t feel like it explains how to do easch step but thanks for tips you gave :)

2 years ago

Megan, sorry I wasn’t more clear about the steps to accomplishing the things in this article. I do have a bunch of helpful video lessons on YouTube and also a program that is a systematic, eight-week program that can help you get to where you need to be vocally, if you’re interested. You can find those here.

YouTube:

Eight week, step-by-step program:

Best of luck to you and your singing, Megan!

36. reden
    2 years ago

hello ,, im reden , 16 yrs old ..your a great teacher ..
    ..please make a lesson on how to sing with guitar !!

thank you .!

2 years ago

Thank you for your comment.

37. Dallin
    2 years ago

Hey thanks for the information it really works, and thanks for you videos

38. Asu
    2 years ago

Hey umm, I started singing eversince I was 5 years old. I got a question though, how can I take that low-medium voice of mine and raise it a little bit higher to bring the audience in? Thank you. You’re tips really helped me.

2 years ago

Asu, I’m glad that the tips have been helpful to you. The best way to raise up those notes and be able to sing higher is with my eight week, step-by-step, systematic course. If you’re interested in taking a look at that, you can find it here: http://www.howtosing.com/sing-better-fast-ssm/

39. Wendy
    2 years ago

hi. m 13 yrs old…..i love singing…..but m not dat good in high notes….what can i do to improve my hugh notes as well as singing too…..

2 years ago

Hi, Wendy. I’ve got just the thing for you.

40. Wendy
    2 years ago

hey…thnx a lot………dat really helped me….. :)

41. Amjad Hassan

I want to learn singing

42. dick&pussy69

Teach me how to doggie

2 years ago

I wish I could, but I’m more of a singer than a dancer.

43. brookeOM
    2 years ago

Hi, im brooke and I’ve always wanted to be a good singer but I just can’t seem to know how. My parents cant really afford singing lessons so I’ve been searching on youtube and all over the net for vocal exercises and warm ups an how to breathe etc, then I seen some of your videos on youtube so I decided to check your site.
    What can I do just so I can sound better and what are some exercises and warm ups? – I already know about the lip roll!
    Hope you can help. Thanks Aaron!!!
    P.S I really want to get your ‘Superior Singing Method’ but my parents don’t want to buy it incase its not worth it and I don’t have enough birthday money to pay for it thats why I’m asking you all these questions

2 years ago

Hi, Brooke. I have over 20 videos on my YouTube channel how to sing dot com, which are free videos, of course, and then I’m actually working on another YouTube channel now. But when you can afford it, superior singing method is the fastest most structured way to become a better singer, since I give you all the tools step-by-step to be able to sing your best.

44. william
    2 years ago

how do i achieve a mixed voice? how do i achieve resonance?

2 years ago

William, those are great questions, ones that I deal with at length and my course superior singing method. It would be far too much for me to write out here, and easier for you to understand with my video lessons. Best of luck to you with your singing!

45. william
    2 years ago

im gonna buy your program but it says click here for two payments of $40 but then when i go to check out it has only one payment of $40. how does that work?

2 years ago

It takes the first $40 out when you buy the program and the second $40 out one month from the date of purchase.

46. Helena
    2 years ago

Can you become an amazing singer without singing lessons from a teacher? Thanks!

2 years ago

I believe that you can become a great singer without an expensive private tutor, which is why I developed an eight week online systematic video course so that my students can become great singers with my instruction but not have to pay the exorbitant price of a private tutor. If you would like to check it out you can find it here:

47. Sreehary
    2 years ago

Hi my name is Sreehary.Im 17. I tried a lot to take high notes but i couldn’t. My voice get kind of dry and rough when i take high pitches. Is this because of my age. What can i do to over come this.

2 years ago

It’s not because of your age, Sreehary.

I have an entire course dedicated to the question of expanding your range and being able to sing high notes and becoming a better singer in general. It would be too much for me to write in a comment, but if you would like to check out my course, superior singing method, you can find it here:

Best of luck to you with your singing!

48. Fern Bakker

Hello

My name is Fern.
    I wanted to know if I can buy the Superior Singing Method course at
    any stores here in South Africa. I am aware that I can download it,
    but I would prefer to have it in CD and book form than on my computer.
    If I am able to purchase it here in South Africa, which stores would
    have them in stock? I am really eager to get the course.

Kind Regards
    Fern Bakker

2 years ago

Fern, thank you for your note. I am sorry, but we only do digital downloading. The course is not in stores, since we don’t actually package CDs and DVDs but do only Digital. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. I wish you all the best with your singing, Fern.

49. Michael Sims

Aaron,
    I have known about mix voice for a while and I can sing high notes, but they are weak and hard too control. I notice that singers like Michael Jackson add a little bit of a growl on the higher notes but I can’t do it yet. I guess I was wondering does this come with time? and if so how long should I expect it to take? In the past I’ve been satisfied with just singing up to about a high C sharp, but even that sounds real heady and weak. Help me out here.. and side note, I just started your program!

Mike

2 years ago

Hey man! Welcome to the program!

That is something you learn and does come with time and proper technique, but it sounds like you’re talking about a pharyngeal addition in your mix, which we will talk a little bit about. But Michael Jackson is definitely special. Hope you’re well, man!

50. Zack
    2 years ago

Hello My name’s Zack and Im 17 years old I just wanted to ask that I have ya know that kinda rock and roll voice but my Vocals are really weak like i cant hit high notes my voice is really strong but i just cant tune it the way i want it to be any thoughts and tips on that ?

2 years ago

I have a lot of thoughts about that but too many to put in a comment. I developed an entire course around that very thing, called superior singing method. You can find it here, if you’re interested.

Best of luck to you with your singing!